The BTEC is linked with Helena Romanes School & Sixth Form Centre. Together, we will work to provide students with the education and development tools they need to obtain this qualification and get the best experience possible. The course offers students who have just finished their GCSEs the chance to combine full-time education and football at A-level and BTEC level.
The course is equivalent to 3 A level qualifications and carries comparable UCAS points.
Once students have completed the BTEC, they will have obtained qualifications in:
- Level 1/2 football coaching
- First Aid
- Level 3 Sport Performance Analysis
- Apply into university
- Coach in America
- Pro/semi-pro coaching
- Opportunity to work at M.R.F.A.
- Ongoing guidance and support from M.R.F.A.
- Other areas in the sport and leisure sector i.e. physiotherapy or video analysis
UEFA B qualified coaches to deliver:
- Training 4 days a week
- Progress reports every 6 weeks
- Lessons suited to individual levels and development
- Use of latest and best training equipment
- Individual fitness plans
- Access to nutritionists and physiotherapists
Opportunities to play games in:
- Essex County schools & colleges
- National School Cup
- U19 leagues
The course is split into eight mandatory units, these are:
- Anatomy and physiology
- Fitness training and programming for health, sport and well-being
- Professional development in the sports industry
- Sports leadership
- Application of fitness testing
- Sports psychology
- Research methods in sport
- Development and provision of sport and physical activity
- Assignments – set and marked by HRS
- Tasks – set and marked by Pearson
- Written exams – set and marked by Pearson
To apply for the course, you must be between the ages of sixteen and eighteen and going into your first year of Sixth Form/College. You must obtain 5 GCSEs A* – C, including a science or PE or BTEC Sport Merit. To apply, click the button below which will take you to the official site. From there, click the “Enquire Today” button.
We’re holding free scholarship trials on 28th October 2016 between 6pm-7:30pm at Great Dunmow Leisure Centre. To book on, click the button below.